Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tilapia Tacos with Peach Salsa


If you are looking for a new, healthy, and yummy dish to make tonight, try these Tilapia Tacos with peach salsa! I found this recipe on the Cooking Light website. I paired this dish with black beans (if you can plan ahead, make them from the bag, not canned-it takes more time (about 10 hours) but so worth it!) and Uncle Ben's Natural Long Grain rice. I also added sliced avocado. 

Our friend, Roy, was over for dinner, and there were literally high-fives over this meal! I think Stephen was proud of his non-casserole cooking wife (which is what I'm most comfortable cooking)! What he didn't know was that it really was the most simple meal...the hardest part is chopping the salsa, which I could have done ahead of time. Let me know if you try it! 

I bought a pound of fish and between the 3 of us, there were no leftovers!

Ingredients

SALSA: 
2 cups finely chopped peeled peach (about 2 medium) 
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion 
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro 
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper 
1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeded and finely chopped 
1 garlic clove, minced 

REMAINING INGREDIENTS: 
1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) 
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper 
1 pound tilapia, cut into 2-inch strips 
Cooking spray 
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas 

Preparation

To prepare salsa, combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish to bowl, tossing to coat. Place fish in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.

Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish and salsa evenly among tortillas.

Yield

4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos and about 1/2 cup salsa). (this fed 2 hungry boys and one prego girl at my house!)

Nutritional Information

CALORIES 250(15% from fat); FAT 4.1g (sat 1g,mono 0.5g,poly 0.9g); IRON 0.6mg; CHOLESTEROL 75mg; CALCIUM 30mg; CARBOHYDRATE 30.6g; SODIUM 533mg; PROTEIN 25.8g; FIBER 3.5g

No comments: