3 weekends ago, Grammi came to town for some much appreciated "back to school" shopping. Of course Adler is the only one going to "school", but we don't tell Grammi that. Adler got a bunch of cool kid shirts and a couple that he really loves from H&M that have Lightning McQueen on them. Unfortunately, it was such a busy weekend, we didn't get any pics with Grammi.
2 weekends ago, my sisters were in town. Shelley and her fiance, Brandon, drove from Texas. Rylie was in town for work, so we all got to go out to celebrate Rylie's 25th birthday. We went to a fun Greek restaurant called La Taverna Plaka (complete with belly dancers). Here is Adler at the zoo with his Aunt Sha Sha and Uncle Brandon.
Last weekend, we traveled (what seemed) back in time to Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is where we spent the first year of our marriage, while Stephen finished school/skipping class and playing in his band, B-Side. We drove about an hour south to Ft. Smith to spend the Labor Day weekend with Stephen's grandparents. Friday night was a bit of a whirlwind. We flew into Fayetteville at 7pm. Got to Ft. Smith around 8:30. Visited with the grandparents, let Adler work out some cooped up energy, got him to bed, then left the house at 10:30pm (really, 11:30pm ATL time) back to Fayetteville. (insert pregnant girl that just flew with a 2 year old was exhausted, but trying very hard to be spontaneous, fun, and exciting pregnant girl) Stephen's old band, now an 80's cover band with some of their own music was playing at one of the old bars, Grubs. (insert pregnant girl trying to look cute amongst drunk 20 year olds with fake IDs and avoid "you have a baby...in a bar" stares) Okay, so once we got there, it was a blast and I forgot about all that other stuff. Boom Kinetic (as they are called) were awesome and super fun. I only wish I could have danced in the middle more...it was getting a bit rowdy and I think Stephen was worried I'd get knocked over by drunk jumping 6 foot boy. They played all the best 80s songs and their original music was awesome too. They were SO happy to see Stephen and surprised (we didn't tell them we were coming). I'm sure Stephen will write more about it on his blog, so I'll leave the rest to him, but it was a super fun night. We even got Taco Bell afterwards - which is a must after a late night. So, we got back to Ft. Smith at 3am (4am ATL time, HELLO!) and at 5am, Adler was ready to play cars with his super tired parents. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night or the rest of the weekend for that matter. Here's a pic of Zach:
And here's a pic you probably don't want me to spend too much time explaining. Let's just say this guy got on stage and proceeded to disrespect the pole:
We had a great time visiting with Stephen's dad and grandparents. Adler enjoyed being the center of attention and lead entertainer for the weekend. I guess this is where I should mention we did end up at the emergency room because Adler had a fever that reached 105, but everything checked out fine and turned out to be just a 24 hour nasty virus. Luckily, Stephen's uncle used to be the Chief of Staff at the hospital, so our experience was superb! I only wish Adler would have had more "himself" time with his great-grandparents and Tom Tom (Tommy as Adler calls him). He was a bit cranky and just wanted to be held by mommy all day Sunday. Here is Adler playing with the new kitty, Cheeto:
In other news, I really started feeling the baby kick over the weekend. I had thought I had felt it before, but this weekend, I knew for sure. Now, I'm feeling him/her all the time and it's awesome. I can't wait for Stephen to get to feel it too! We have been trying to explain to Adler what is going on. So far, he knows there are "babies" inside of mommy's tummy. He is convinced there is more than one. The dogs are back on my good list today. (Much to Stephen's distress, I've been pretty much trying to find someone to pay to take them for the past month) We took them to Pets Smart where Sadie got a shave and tooth brushing (which amazingly really helps) and Tristan got this special bath for dogs that shed a lot that helps loosen their under coat. He feels like a different dog and I know it's going to help me with house cleaning around here. So, I guess they can stay.



3 comments:
Wow, sounds like you guys have been busy busy!! Wish you could come to Asheville soon. Maybe in time to see the beautiful fall leaves!! We need to get together soon!!
busy busy..so much fun that you felt "her" kick...
love you guys!
congratulations on baby #2!!!! i had no idea you were pregnant! i'm SO behind in blogworld!
so thrilled for you. hope you're feeling well! xoxo
Post a Comment