So, there I was at Adler's pre-school, minding my own business....walking hand-in-hand with Adler to the playground. We slowly and casually walked past a tall Daddy who I had noticed at the school before because his son was in Adler's summer class and I think he is the only Daddy who takes/drops his kids off at the school. I noticed he was carefully eyeing me and Adler. I thought, "well, maybe he has a thing for pregnant moms...". As we walked to the playground, I noticed he quickly ended his cell phone conversation to speak with me.
"H-h-how old is your son, there?" he asked.
(pick up line?) "Oh, he turns 2 in October." I answered, wondering where this was going.
"Um, well, this might sound a little strange, but..." (I'm sure it's going to) "....well, you see, I'm a football coach...."
Me: Uh-huh
"And well, I'm putting together this football program for kids." He went on for a couple minutes about his program and his goals for scholarships for kids. "And see, I'm always looking for new players. We start them out at age 6."
Me: Well, I guess we have a couple years then....(in disbelief)
"Well, you can tell he's going to be a football player. You can always spot an athlete."
Me: Oh, you just made my husbands day! Well, I guess we'll check back with you in four years.
"Oh yea, you do that!"
Hmmmmmm....not even two, and already being recruited by coaches to play football. I'm worried :) Stephen couldn't be prouder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
now all he needs is a shoe contract.
well we need his autograph now then ,lol! A&M can always use a good linebacker
That's crazy! Opposite from Adler, Gabe gets called a girl at least once a week by strangers...poor Jon. :)
Post a Comment