Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Adler Firsts in Texas

No pictures to post, but a couple "firsts" to report:

Adler plays in his first "Tree Hugging" playground. There is this indoor playground at the Woodlands Mall with this huge plastic tree. I think it talks or something, but there are all these rubber foresty things for kids to climb in, on, over, etc. Anyways, Stephen has always called it the "Tree Hugging" playground because he is convinced that the talking tree in brainwashing kids about not cutting down trees or something. My parents took Adler for his first experience and boy did he LOVE it. He could care less that he was the only crawling kid in the place. It was like he knew that place was for him...like a fish in water not to be cliche or anything. It was pretty cute.

Adler makes his first drawing. Maybe I should have kept it for the scrapbook or something?, but after a 2 hour meal, I think it had been slobbered on, bitten out of, and covered with bread/Adler drool paste. However, we went to a restaurant and because Adler is so big, since he was like 4 months, hostesses have been trying to give that kid crayons and paper. Finally I gave in today, expecting him just to try to eat the crayons, thus, creating rainbow poop. However he actually used the crayons to mark on the paper...oh and on the table too. His favorite color was blue if you were wondering.

Adler watches his DVD player at a restaurant. Yeah, I saw some people do this a while ago and I was like, "oh I would never.." Well, never say never. We went to kind of a nice restaurant and I needed him not to yell the entire time (Adler has the lung capacity to match his body size). Boy, does this work wonders!! Survival of the fittest, baby!

No comments: