


I've been meaning to make this post for a while now. When we were in Texas for 10 days, my parents were gracious enough to take me and Adler to Aggieland to visit the college town I spent 4 great years. It was a perfect day! We drove around to the places I lived....Lynx Cove (a house me and my 3 bffs lived in for 2 years together), then on to the Delta Delta Delta house when there were all kinds of great memories - especially living with Katie there Sophomore year. Then, on to Davis Gary - the disgusting dorm D and I lived in freshman year. That dorm is so old- it used to be for the corps back in the day. But our dads put together this killer bunk-bed complete with entertainment center and we were the envy of the entire dorm. We walked around campus and I rambled on about different memories in different corners. That's what I love about parents. They were genuinely interested and entertained. Thanks mom and dad for letting me do that! Adler enjoyed the weather and exploring campus with us.
I was a Sophomore when the Aggie Bonfire fell. It was a horrible day for our Aggie Family and it was amazing to see what effects it made on our campus, students, teachers, and the community. I remember my history professor breaking down into tears saying he had hoped and prayed that one if his students was not one of the victims, but he had gotten a phone call with news otherwise.
Anyways, this is becoming a longer blog than I had intended....we visited the memorial, which was really neat. I hadn't been to campus since I had graduated in May of 2002, so it was neat to be back and see how things had changed/stayed the same. Here are some pics from the trip:



1 comment:
i love this post! so fun - i haven't been back thru campus..and have been meaning to go back.
i LOVED our college days and realize how blessed we are to have such fond memories of those 4ish err almost 5 for me years!
love that memorial - i haven't been there either!
Post a Comment